They asked me to show you how to embroider irises, but I decided that if I whole process, it may be interesting for everyone. Especially for beginners.
Using this IC you can embroider a little tune for a card, key fob or pendant. Registration completely depends on your imagination.
You will need:
– The base fabric, you can choose any, but if you choose a uniform weave fabric, then you also will be easier 🙂
– Floss 5 colors: purple (I used Anchor multicolor 1325), 2 shades of green, yellow and light brown,
1) It is necessary to sew an odd number of vertical stitches, in this case, 9 stitches through two warp yarns 12 in height. Stepping 2 more thread in hand begin to fill in the body of the basket fabric tape method. It is better if you do the horizontal stitches as close as possible to each other through one warp thread. Most joints I perform thread in 2 additions (2 yarn hanks or one thread, folded in half).
2) After completing all the stitches, perform stalk seam bottom basket. In this case, the stitch length – 4 warp yarns.
3) Close the basket sidewall two straight stitches.
4) suture needle ago performed the basket handle, and then wound around the same thread two times each stitch the handle. Is displayed on the underside of the thread in the basket handle attachment point and postpone it for a while, and later we will return to this thread.
5) carry out freely in any direction of the long vertical stitches dark green thread – it will iris stems.
6) Long and narrow loops couched stitch technique (they’re a lazy daisy, they are the same seam “daisy”) embroider iris leaves.
7) Light green thread (one skein thread) makes a long chaotic stitch, are we just ornamental grass 🙂
8) After rising slightly upward (3-4 warp yarns) by the end of the stem stitch perform a wide loop couched stitch technique ( “Daisy”). Stepping back a couple of warp yarns diagonally downward from the stitch of the conclusions of the thread and hold it under the loop, making an arc.
9) Again, we derive the thread at the beginning of the first loop and make a second seam “loop couched stitch technique” has downward.
10) If you want to make more extensive and similar to real flowers, repeat again all stitches are exactly the same points (holes) that for the first time. If you are using multicolor, it will add more vibrant, changing shades.
Apart from the usual flower buds can be made to do this, simply from the pointed end of the stem to make three different short stitch length or one loop couched stitch technique + 1-2 straight stitch.
11) Make the middle of a flower. From the center point of the iris derive yellow thread (one thread hanks) and yes, again couched stitch technique makes a loop in the middle of the upper petal of a flower.
12) The lower petal is shaded by a simple straight stitch down the center. If you want, you can do exactly the same loop couched stitch technique and down
13) completes our picture again stalk seam along the top edge of the basket.
It now remains only to arrange embroidery, beautifully photographed and start uncontrollably brag :)))