Earrings are a regular accessory and all the girls like wearing them. The earrings give you a complete look. You can opt for the common studs or ornament yourself with beautiful hanging earrings. The drop quilling earrings look really traditional and can be adorned for any occasion. You can wear them both with the traditional or western outfit. These Quilling earrings can be easily made at home. Let us see how to make the lightweight paper quilling earrings easily at home.
- Quilling strips (yellow, brown, pink and blue)
- Quilling needle
- Earring hooks
- Jump rings
- Craft glue
- Decorative pearls
- Take three blue quilling strips and paste them end to end using glue.
- Take any rounded container and roll the quilling strip around it.
- Towards the end of the strip, apply some glue and paste the end with it.
Take yellow quilling strips.
Divide these strips and cut them into different sizes.
- Use a quilling needle and make tight coils.
- Make different sizes tight coils, seal the ends using glue and keep them aside.
Take the blue ring and stick the yellow coils inside the ring using glue.
- Now take the brown quilling strip.
- With a quilling needle, make a tight coil and leave some part of the strip.
- Paste this coil along with the strip inside the blue ring to form a design pattern.
- Again take a small yellow strip, fold it and paste it on the inside edges of the ring to avoid any gaps.
- Next make similar designs using a pink strip, in a similar fashion as that of the brown strip.
- Stick the same inside the blue ring.
- All the coils need to be aligned at one side of the ring.
- Take different color quilling strips such as brown, pink and blue strips.
- Make loose scrolls at one end of the strip.
- Place these loose scrolls one after the other in a vertical fashion such that the different color scrolls are placed end to end and the other end of the strips are together.
- Paste them together using a glue.
- Now paste this combination pattern to the other end of the blue ring.
- Take some yellow tight coils and arrange them in the colorful pattern
- Take a blue strip and cut it into two halves lengthwise.
- Make a small circle with this strip using the quilling needle.
- Take a pink strip and again cut it into two halves lengthwise.
- Make a small circle such that it fits inside the blue circle.
- Paste the pink circle inside the blue circle and paste it on the outer surface of the blue ring.
This acts as the loop for the earring.
Insert the jump hook inside this loop and attach the earring hook to the hook.
- Decorate the earrings with decorative pearls.
- Use some pearls on the coils and decorate the outer surface with these pearls.
Your drop earrings are ready to use. You can wear them for party or functions. The biggest advantage is, it is lightweight and can be worn anytime. It looks great and reflects your creativity. Therefore make these beautiful earrings and flaunt them anywhere.