We all love flowers and admire the same in the garden. We use natural flowers for hair accessories. However, there are seasonal flowers which may not be available all the time. Sunflower is one such bright seasonal flower. We can artificially create them at home. It serves as wonderful hair accessories for girls. Also, it can be used for craft work and can be an ideal decorative piece in a gift box. Let us find out how to make a simple yet elegant sunflower.
- Yellow satin ribbon
- Foam sheet
- Dry tea leaves
- Take a yellow color satin ribbon of 5 cm width.
- Cut it into 28 equal pieces each measuring 6cm in length.
- Before cutting take the measurement with the help of a ruler.
- Wish to learn how to make a Satin Ribbon Flower
- Seal the sides of the ribbon pieces with the help of a lighter.
- Now fold the pieces lengthwise into two equal halves.
- Cut one end of the edges diagonally to get petal shape.
- Seal this end with the lighter. Fold the open edge so as to get a petal shape.
- Burn the edge and seal it to form a petal.
- Make as many as 28 such petals.
- Draw a circle with the pencil on the foam sheet.
- Cut this circle and apply glue on the circle near the edges.
Now stick one petal on the surface of the circle.
First, stick the petals to form the outer layer.
- After the outer layer is completed, stick petals on the inside surface as well.
- Form 2-3 layers in this manner leaving the center of the circle empty.
Take sufficient cotton and place it in the center.
- Apply adhesive all over the cotton ball.
- Now sprinkle the dried tea leaves on the surface of the cotton ball.
Brush off the excess tea leaves.
The artificial sunflower is now ready to use. You can make as many sunflowers as possible and use it as a home décor. Also it can be used as a kid’s hairband. These sunflowers are beautiful to look at and is easy to make them at home. The materials used for the same are also readily available in the market.